Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking into some stuff. wondering is there much work involved in this conversion? also would it affect my insurance alot due to converting the engine?
thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
well its going to affect the insurance depending on yourself, your company etc!
better off slapping in the KR and declaring it as a gti (you need a report from a garage/technician or something i believe for this to make it official)
then do the conversion, il assume running on bike carbs will set alarm bells for companys!
will be tough to get the carbs running right,
do you plan on doing the work yourself, ocky would be the man to ask about this conversion.
off the top of my head a cut down inlet manifold to suit, upgraded fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator etc will be needed
would you not go for ITB's? i know the ecu will cost a bit (depends where u look or how patient u are) but once set up right will be more reliable

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (r.grimes @ Apr 14 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well its going to affect the insurance depending on yourself, your company etc!
better off slapping in the KR and declaring it as a gti (you need a report from a garage/technician or something i believe for this to make it official)
then do the conversion, il assume running on bike carbs will set alarm bells for companys!
will be tough to get the carbs running right,
do you plan on doing the work yourself, ocky would be the man to ask about this conversion.
off the top of my head a cut down inlet manifold to suit, upgraded fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator etc will be needed
would you not go for ITB's? i know the ecu will cost a bit (depends where u look or how patient u are) but once set up right will be more reliable

just wanted something cheap but quick really.i figured because its already a carb,staying with carbs would be the easiest choice,no messing around trying to sort all the wiring and fuel supply issues involved with putting that in. dont want to make too much work for myself and cause my insurance to sky rocket either though. wonder what other engines i could try,or could do to the one i have..?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.