Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here,s one for ye!
iv e got a 91 golf 8v pb engine, its a bit of an ongoing project but its starting to come together now, engine is out at mo and ive some fairly serious chassis upgrades carried out , powerflex throughout,koni/eibach s uspension, h+r ARBs etc, anyway ive been thinking about what to do about about increasing power output ,
i got a 16v kr engine over the weekend not with the intention of fitting it to mine just was offered to me at small money,but it got me thinking on how i could get it to run in mine, fitting the ke jetronic system is out cos im not going to butcher my yoke to fit an older managment system an all the hassle of locating the parts,loom etc , throttle bodies or twin carbs would be nice but i dont have that kind of wad to wave about.
looking at the 2 engines side byside got me wondering would it be possible to run the 16v on digifant ?
the pb distributer will go in the 16v block no hassle, the 8v throttle body fits on the 16v manifold perfectly thus having the idle / full load micro switches,the pb injectors could go into the 16v manifold with some work, the knock sensor would have to be fitted to the 16v block some way and the coolant sensors bracket would have to be modified to fit on the 16v, the ecu would need a remap as well although ive heard the digifant ecu isint the easiest to alter so a piggyback unit or aftermarket ecu might have to be employed.
what do ye think ? is there something i have nt thought of here? sorry about the long post!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Would need to replace the inlet manifold with one that will fit the KR from a coraddo. I'm not so sure the digi injectors will fit the raddo inlet manifold and fuel rail, and if you use the raddo injectors, the ecu will have to be remapped as there flow rates are different. You could use the raddo inlet manifold and injectors, and wire in an ecu like the new lower priced Emerald to run spark and fuel.

Be careful about buying aKR as the all have high mileage and can empty a pocket very quickly, if built properly. Otherwise go for it.

john

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (johnny99 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would need to replace the inlet manifold with one that will fit the KR from a coraddo. I'm not so sure the digi injectors will fit the raddo inlet manifold and fuel rail, and if you use the raddo injectors, the ecu will have to be remapped as there flow rates are different. You could use the raddo inlet manifold and injectors, and wire in an ecu like the new lower priced Emerald to run spark and fuel.

Be careful about buying aKR as the all have high mileage and can empty a pocket very quickly, if built properly. Otherwise go for it.

john
thanks john,do you mean the 2.0 ltr corrado 16v, i think the early 16v corrado,s had the 1.8 kr engine same as the golf so id have thought there would be no difference there,
how does the later corrado manifold differ from mine,what management system did it use?
the digi injectors and fuel rail will be a very tight fit into the underside of the kr manifold but the spacings between injectors seem to be the same on both engines, havent tried to do yet

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Dieseldave @ Mar 27 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats cool,I didnt know it could be done.

I think I have a 16v exhaust manifold around somewhere if ya
need one Brian
thanks dave,im going to give this a go anyway so there is a few minor engine bits im going to need,
breather hoses, servo hose etc so if anyone has anything lying around let me know

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Dieseldave @ Mar 28 2006, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Give me a shout if ya want any bits made up,Im very
interested in this,always nice to see something different.
will do dave, is that manifold u have standard or 4 branch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts