Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm upgrading my useless vw springs and shocks to that of the sportier Seat Cupra 1.8T AUQ for better handling. Any help or suggestions would be grateful.

I'm not sure if the Anni GTI has better suspension, maybe someone could shed some light. Neither way the parts need to be VAG because I don't like fitting aftermarket parts to my car, I like to keep things as original as possible if you know what I mean.

This is the single biggest thing I have undertaken on this car, I feel I need to upgrade to save myself landing into some ditch somewhere so thanks lads for any help.

Once I've got all the parts I need I will do a step by step piece on it for the benefit of others.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i have h&r cupkit and upgraded arb's in my leon. make a great difference to the handling of the car without lowering it too much or affecting the comfort.. even if you dont go down the aftermarket route and stick with oem shocks/springs i would recomend fitting a rear arb. it seriously improves the handling

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Anni's have lower springs and uprated dampers alright but I changed them out for H&R shocks and springs cupkit and a H&R rear ARB, like seanw says more comfort, nicer looks and better handling for less than what VW would want.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wats the measurement from the wheel arch to the top of wheel on the leon with the cupra suspension? Mine at the mo is a staggering 75mm...what am i driving...a 4x4!!? What were Vw thinking?

I happen to have GSF's parts book and it says the same part no. all throughout the range for the shocks. Whats up with that?

whats it with the H R kit on it?

A lad from work has a mk6 with sports suspension and its about 40mm. Thats about what i'm looking for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I think I'll go with the H&K Cup kit rather than bolloxing around with different parts from different cars! Sound for the advice. That Cupra looks mint by the way. Always wanted one but this was my first car and much cheaper!

FYI the Cup kit is only £370 on Awesomegti.co.uk. I'll chance fitting it myself too, doesn't seem that hard.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
talk to keith in alloy wheel (site sponsor).. fitting is difficult enough if you dont have the right tools. you might as well change the top mounts and bearings on the front when you have them out..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Keith has one comfort cup kit on special offer at the moment.
Fitting the rears is easy enough, fronts can be a pain in that ideally you need a special tool to get the top shock nut and spring clamps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.