Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sparkys ***built Nt Bought*** Mk5 Golf Build
VAGdrivers - sponsored by Eireplates.com > Technical > Project Cars > Mk5 & Mk6 Golf & Jetta Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
sparky1
hey new here, been buildin my mk5 over th past couple of months and thought i would share it with you guys. full respray in pure white tinter, gti sides front and rear 17" oz futuras 8.5's and 9.5's with 205/40's all round. well heres some pics hope uns enjoy

laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

few more pics

squeezed a bit more camber out of her

got my rears sorted and the rims split thanks to Gethin top fella.. now 17x11 with 4" lips. IM LOVIN IT!!! :twisted: :twisted:

we done some trial fittin and measuring up of both my wheels and marty rs's on his bolf tonight... if we measured right after the rears are machined down a couple of mm and redrilled with some camber through in, there should be around an inch of poke... on both sets after martys are built to 17x12 rears :twisted:

sparky1
time for a small update lads havin loads of bother wih the car latey!! the sealer i used to seal my wheels all broke away form the wheel and they all started to leak, broke the back wheel arch twice as well.. so been drivin about with primer all up the side of her - a side skirt too which ant to good... all being good will have the rear arches reworked and sitting far better than before for castlewellen... the crack in the arch was the secend time it broke and its stiill a work in porgress still have to extend the rear bumper and give the arch a bit more work as its only 60% complete

and a few quick pics

sparky1
busted the sump on thursday night so striped the sump and engine mounts off the car and found that the engine can only be raised on the drivers side.. the passanger side mount dont sit flat on top of the chassis leg but is notched down! when the spacer is put in its bringing the gearbox up and is touching the chassis leg

so its only the drivers side i can raise so the sump is going to be plated and the drivers side mount is going to have costom spacers made for it hopefully all will be sorted soon

finally got the sump and engine raised after a week for messing about with it smile.gif and collected there boys last night.. 2 rear firestone bags

and i few pics of the jetta front and the de-chroming and smoothing of the grill mask

as a result of rasing the engine a ive also had to do a notch.. as the drive is banging like mad so ive spent the last 4 hours cutting it out didnt think it was gonna be as hard to cut as it was but i got there in the end smile.gif

and the sump all plated up wub.gif

a couple of the finished notch smile.gif

tidy up the wipers and wiper panel today

and also striped out the headlining and done it black

bigger bigger bigger archs FTW had too fix the brokin arch anyways so thought wile i was at it i might as well try and get rid off some extra poke thats been bothering me

binned for extra lowness biggrin.gif :thumb::thumb:

and growing bigger by the day tongue.gif

primed smile.gif

all fnished up for the third time smile.gif

a few pics from today

RetroMk2
Stunning!! def one of the nicest mk5's iv seen. The wheels are crazy cool!!
zipupurmickey
Alot of good work. keep it up! wink.gif
sparky1
QUOTE (RetroMk2 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:36 PM) *
Stunning!! def one of the nicest mk5's iv seen. The wheels are crazy cool!!

thanks fella the fronts are going an inch wide soon as the girlfriendis gettin me new lips for my birthday tongue.gif

and the battery and fuse box will be makin there way out of the bay soon enough so smoothing can begin,cant wait to have the bay smoothed
sparky1
QUOTE (zipupurmickey @ Jul 5 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Alot of good work. keep it up! wink.gif

will do have loads planed for it
RetroMk2
QUOTE (sparky1 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:44 PM) *
thanks fella the fronts are going an inch wide soon as the girlfriendis gettin me new lips for my birthday tongue.gif

and the battery and fuse box will be makin there way out of the bay soon enough so smoothing can begin,cant wait to have the bay smoothed

Sweeeeet!! look forward to seeing it. by the looks of the work so far, the bays gonna look nice!
sparky1
QUOTE (RetroMk2 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:50 PM) *
Sweeeeet!! look forward to seeing it. by the looks of the work so far, the bays gonna look nice!

thanks lad im a painter by trade so smoothin the bay is gonna be handy its the rewireing thans gonna take some time
rubadub
Very nice man, good work, looks excellent.

The only thing I would change is the side skirts in black!
sparky1
QUOTE (rubadub @ Jul 5 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Very nice man, good work, looks excellent.

The only thing I would change is the side skirts in black!

thaks man the skirts are black lol
Camillus O' D
Love this kind of build. A proper F--in job. Looks nuts
kadett 244
Love this car, see it a few times at various shows and it really stands out!

I have to admit, when I read the title, I nearly didnt bother looking, I assumed it would have halfords alloys tinted windows etc etc
Carden
Do you still have the original rear dishes or did Gethin nab them?
sparky1
QUOTE (Carden @ Jul 6 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Do you still have the original rear dishes or did Gethin nab them?

Gethin has them mate sorry

lookin for 2.5's for the front now tho if you know where any are?
sparky1
QUOTE (kadett 244 @ Jul 6 2011, 10:05 AM) *
Love this car, see it a few times at various shows and it really stands out!

I have to admit, when I read the title, I nearly didnt bother looking, I assumed it would have halfords alloys tinted windows etc etc

thanks mate i think i need to change the title laugh.gif
sparky1
QUOTE (Camillus O' D @ Jul 5 2011, 10:52 PM) *
Love this kind of build. A proper F--in job. Looks nuts

ph34r.gif
Carden
QUOTE (sparky1 @ Jul 6 2011, 11:38 AM) *
Gethin has them mate sorry

lookin for 2.5's for the front now tho if you know where any are?

That fecker dry.gif

Join the club laugh.gif I can't find any 2nd hand, cheapest place to get them new is here.
sparky1
QUOTE (Carden @ Jul 6 2011, 11:47 AM) *
That fecker dry.gif

Join the club laugh.gif I can't find any 2nd hand, cheapest place to get them new is here.

i know smaller lips are much easier found mad.gif thanks for link mate, there a right bit cheaper threre i think tunershop are lookin 158 and these are 112 wub.gif
BryanC
Just wonderin how much it cost you for the respray in white if you don't mind me asking.they're so rare in white and can't find one so just wondering if i got a different colour how much it'd cost to do what you did?

Mint car aswell arches seriously payed off in the end
B5.5_Passat
love this thing! wub.gif
paddy_cl
funky lookin funker...nice job
ShaunieVW
Love this, I have a few pics of this somewhere from one of the shows I think, will have to dig them out lol.
sparky1
thanks for all the nice comments guy smile.gif

another few from the weekend

[b]

Matt Finn
That is the nicest mk5 ive seen tbh biggrin.gif Look amazing
sparky1
QUOTE (matt.finn @ Jul 7 2011, 01:07 AM) *
That is the nicest mk5 ive seen tbh biggrin.gif Look amazing

cheers fella will have a small undate later on tonight all going well
sparky1
finally got the centre caps fitted today and painted the side mouldings biggrin.gif

had to cut the screws down to size as its all i could find after months of looking

had this wee accident leaving the garage yesterday too :oops:

ventojetta
Love the black and white. Great work smile.gif
dubcore
Savage car dude!
sparky1
QUOTE (ventojetta @ Jul 7 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Love the black and white. Great work smile.gif

you think the side mouldings are better white or black?
sparky1
QUOTE (dubcore @ Jul 7 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Savage car dude!

cheers lad
sparky1
rims gettin split soon to go wider, so thinking on going for a new colour mk3 vr6 mulberry pearl

wee chop smile.gif

sparky1
and air'd!! cant wait

sparky1
didnt split then as im splitting later in the year to go wider at the front and wouldnt be bother doing it twice so just masked them up for some mulberry goodness

sparky1
bay painted biggrin.gif

Camillus O' D
could look at this all day laugh.gif
sparky1
QUOTE (Camillus O' D @ Aug 7 2011, 12:18 PM) *
could look at this all day laugh.gif

cheers dude will be making the trip to formoy next weekend cant wait smile.gif
NeelieS14
love this car!!! really like the colour in the engine bay smile.gif
sparky1
QUOTE (NeelieS14 @ Aug 7 2011, 01:24 PM) *
love this car!!! really like the colour in the engine bay smile.gif

cheers lad hopefully have the engine cover etc paint for the weekend too
sparky1
getting there now going to get some stainless steel bolts tomorow biggrin.gif

also done the grill gloss black this time around, a wee change as it need done anyways.. was badly stone chipped :evil:

SPUNKYMUNKY
Well fck me thats actually the nicest mk5 ive seen ohmy.gif ohmy.gif i came 17 times while going through this.. :/
sparky1
aha thanks very much hopefully get a chat to some of you boys and girls at cork
sparky1
new arches for cork smile.gif
sparky1
BYE BYE BATTERY!!

i took the standard mk5 battery box to the boot along with the genuine battery termals last night
will be running 4guage power cable today and an 8guage power cable for the fuse box

also been running the air pipes and wiring for the air throught the car and fitted the air tank and compressor

might paint the floor tonight too
sparky1
rear brackets for bags

Martymoore
sorry if i missed it but whats the brackets for on the bags?
sparky1
Backets are to hold the bag in place dude without them it would just fall out
sparky1
battery earth beacket removed

spliting the wire looms to make them longer smile.gif

sound deading removed from passanger side of the bay

bulkhead panel whith the sound deading reomved and staring to smooth

and some shiney stainless steel biggrin.gif

Martymoore
QUOTE (sparky1 @ Aug 20 2011, 12:18 AM) *
Backets are to hold the bag in place dude without them it would just fall out

I thought u might have modifed them to go lower or something like that lol
markod
Absolute monster build and looks savage but please buy a camera cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.