VAGDrivers.net VAGDrivers.net

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rules For The For Sale Section., Please read before posting!
Geo
post Jun 7 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Rules for the For Sale Section:

One thread only per item. If you have something for sale please keep it to a single for sale thread. Additional threads will be locked and/or deleted. If you feel an existing thread has been hi-jacked or has gone off topic then pm a moderator and they'll clean it up for you.

Sellers please don't bump up your threads every other day, bumping them now and then is fine, everyone does it. Just don't take it to extremes.

Sellers please include as much detail as possible in your ad. If you are selling parts make sure and list the make and model they came from or are suitable for. Give your location and contact details.

Everyone try to keep threads on topic, if you don't have something useful to say don't say it. If you want to discuss prices or other issues then it's best to pm the seller. Off topic posts will be deleted. But....Remember this is not buyandsell.ie, it's a chat forum and people are entitled to express their opinions within reason. If sellers post up dreamland prices for stuff then be prepared to be flamed, the moderators won't waste their time moderating out people's opinions from these type of threads.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT DAILY BUMPING IS NOT ALLOWED

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kvw
post Jan 12 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Kevin

Member No.: 6

This section is for private sales of VAG cars only.
Car Dealers and Motor Traders should contact Admin before posting cars for sale.

+Quote Post
Geo
post Mar 9 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Following discussion between the moderator and admin groups we have decided that the following information must be included as a minimum requirement in every thread advertising a car for sale:

Make
Model
Year
Price
Phone Number (optional, say PM for contact details if you don't want to include this in the public ad)

Failure to comply with this will result in the ad being deleted.

This applies to all cars for sale threads posted from now on.

Please note that these are just the minimum requirements, sellers should always include as much detail as possible in ads. Detailed information like colour, mileage, number of owners, modifications should always be included along with pictures if possible.

This should reduce the number of messy and off topic for sale threads which have become too common recently.

--------------------

+Quote Post
markmcie
post Mar 9 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I'm a bit dubious about posting my phone number on open forums, email address too :-(

--------------------
02 Passat 1.8 T TDI Sport

+Quote Post
Geo
post Mar 9 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Ok that's fair enough I suppose. Anyone who doesn't want to include that information can just ask people to send a PM for contact details.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cuang60
post Jan 25 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,762

Hi Geo i am new to this and have a few questions you might be able to answer,
i put an ad for my car but can't figure out how to clean up the advert,also could you briefly
explain how to use pm and what it means?
and what does bumping mean?
Regards Cuang60 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

--------------------
I want the 'VW'...
The whole 'VW'..
And nothing but the 'VW'
So help me God...

+Quote Post
Geo
post Jan 25 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

PM stands for personal message, if you click the PM button at the bottom left of someone else's post then you can send that person a message that only they can see rather than a regular post that the whole forum can see.

Bumping just means going into your thread and adding a new post to 'bump' it back to the top of the list.

The only reason you might need to get your thread tidied up is if someone else has posted some off topic remarks or whatever. In this case PM myself or one of the other moderators and they can sort that out for you. To be honest it rarely happens anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Declan
post Mar 11 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #8

www.autostadt.ie

Member No.: 237

Please take note

Further Update to the rules for posting your car for sale

One line ads with links to external sites are not acceptable methods of advertising your vehicle, A full description as above must be included or the thread will be removed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike
post Jan 21 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 491

Bump for new year!

--------------------
Mike
-------------------------------
www.autostadt.ie

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many
opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

+Quote Post
neilc
post Jul 20 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

As from today, people who post up an ad that is missing any of these:

Make
Model
Year
Price
Will have 24 hours from the time the ad is requested to be updated to update the advert.
If this is not done that advert will be removed without notice.

No one liner's

Thanks,

Neilc

--------------------
I do not consent to any and all of the material i posted on this forum(VAGdrivers.net) being used to create revenue for this or any other company.
I also do not consent to any and all of the above content being moved from the UK/Ireland

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st March 2021 - 06:31 PM

VAGdrivers.net 2005 - 2010  · 

vagdrivers.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vagdrivers.net is generated by its users. vagdrivers.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.